A Quick Guide to Military-Themed Weddings
Military-themed weddings aren’t much different than civilian weddings. However, there are subtle differences you should plan for if you’re marrying someone in the military. Here’s a list of military wedding traditions that should be addressed during the big day.
- Military Chapels: These add to the military ambiance of the wedding and are more affordable than bigger venues. They also provide you with a military chaplain free of cost and they have experience in this setting.
- Service Uniforms: Active duty military can choose to wear their uniforms during their wedding ceremony. But it’s important for the uniform to be worn correctly, meaning the medals and other military decorations should be included.
- Arch of Sabers: The newly married couple traditionally exit the ceremony under a saber arch held by other members of the military attending the wedding.
- Seating Arrangements: Formal military weddings should seat guests by rank. But you can give your military guests the option to sit among friends and family.
- Cutting the Cake with a Sword: It’s a tradition for the bride and groom to cut the cake together with either of their military sabers.
Not finding what you’re looking for?
Check out our full selection of over 700 groomsmen gifts.